[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms mplayer audio issue

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 1 08:05:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 03:20:08AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/31/05 21:42, jason bright wrote:
>
> >Anybody else on FC3 using atrpms having mplayer issues? I recently did
> >a full system update and now mplayer had developed the annoying
> >problem of the audio running slightly behind the video (probably 0.25
> >-> 0.5 seconds). I have a very bare bones audio setup -- no ALSA or
> >anything.
> >
> >Playing native myth recordings work fine - it's only mplayer. Just
> >curious if this is a known issue before I start trying to roll back
> >versions.

> I'm not using FC, and no one really got back to me about it, but I
> really think the problem is that you're using ALSA 1.0.9+ kernel modules
> with an MPlayer compiled for ALSA 1.0.8- ALSA libraries.  Check to make
> sure you have ALSA 1.0.9+ kernel modules, libraries, and a version of
> MPlayer compiled with the version of ALSA libs you have installed.

mplayer for FC3 is built against alsa 1.0.9. There was even a rebuilt
two weeks ago for adding v4l(2) support, while the alsa 1.0.9 libs are
already 8 weeks old.

But that's true for ATrpms' mplayer, and there are at least 4
different mplayer/alsa-lib builds for FC out there. So perhaps the
poster is indeed using non-matching alsa-lib/alsa-kmdl/mplayer
packages. Please report the package builds with rpm -q <package1>
<package2> etc.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net