[mythtv-users] MythDVD offline Archive or Catalog?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 1 18:04:08 UTC 2005

Robert Johnston wrote:

>On 01/08/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>># Prompt the user to insert the disc
>>xterm -bg NavyBlue -fg White +sb -fs 18 -geometry 40x6 \
>>      -e prompt "Please insert ${MEDIA_TYPE}:" "${DISC_NAME}"
>>

>Out of interest, where's that "prompt" command coming from?
>
>I don't seem to have it in Debian...

It's the other script, as described in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/142951#142951 .

Keeping them together, this time, here is the updated (handles spaces)
prompt_for_media script and the prompt script again.  (Also took the
movemouse script call out of prompt_for_media--forgot to take it out of
the updated version I posted.  It's a script I wrote to "move the mouse"
after running external programs to work around a focus issue with myth
child windows.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722 for details.)

All instructions for setting up and using these scripts and explanations
of how they work are in the original post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/142951#142951

Glad to see someone is interested enough to test this out..  :)  I hope
you find it useful.

Mike