[mythtv-users] Pundit mythtv

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 00:43:04 UTC 2005

I have been using a mythtv system for about 6 months now.  Thanks to all
the developers and others that put such a great package together.

I am now interested in building another mythtv box primarily to be used
as a frontend.  The backend system will be existing box which has 1 TB
for the /video file system.

The existing system uses a PVR-350 for output and has an additional
PVR-250 so it can record two shows at once.

After doing much searching and reading on the web I am almost convinced
that a Pundit system would be a good choice for a small relatively quite
frontend mythtv system.

One question I have is I would like to utilize a PVR-350 in the pundit
system for output to the TV and as another tuner for recording.  I have
been very pleased with the PVR-350 in the existing system.  I read that
this will be a tight fit but appears that it should be workable.  Is
there any other gotchas with setting a pundit up (or pundit-r) this
way?  Since I plan on using the PVR-350 for output the onboard video
won't be used much beyond the initial install.

And if the pundit-r is not a good choice is there another microATX board
that would be recommended?