[mythtv-users] Initial Machine Parts

Quentin Whitmyer qwhitmyer at neo.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 01:02:26 UTC 2005

Hello All,

Ok, I am starting to put together a initial list of items I am going
to buy for my MythTV box. At moment I plan on going with the all in
one solution, however in the future I might get a second little box
for the front end.

So far I have:
2 Hauppage PVR 350
Maybe 1 pcHDTV HD-3000 for Future
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400 or 4800
A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard, I like the AI-Cool Pipe option and it
supports the AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Tech. for fans

I am defiantly open to some suggestions on changes?

I still need to pick out the Case, Power Supply and a few fans. I am
thinking about going with a Fan-less Power Supply for noise reduction
and I could use some suggestions on which fans to look into.

Do any of you suggest a case. I have found several built for noise
reduction and looks since this is going in the living room.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Thanks Quentin