[mythtv-users] Experiences with XvMC

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 02:03:12 UTC 2005

No,  it uses the VIA K8M800.   The CLE266 is the oldest chipset that
had this.  I believe it was more limited than the later chipsets
(maybe this is the one that didn't support HD..  the others do.)

There are several VIA chipsets that support the hardware MPEG2
decoding.  From the unichrome sourceforge project site says:  "It
provides support for VIA CLE266 and KM400/KN400. K8M800 and
PM800/CN400 support is still limited."      I'm not sure if that
statement is up to date.  I have seen messages from people using the
CN400.