[mythtv-users] Experiences with XvMC

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:56:49 UTC 2005

BEWARE:

> decoding.  From the unichrome sourceforge project site says:  "It
> provides support for VIA CLE266 and KM400/KN400. K8M800 and
> PM800/CN400 support is still limited."      I'm not sure if that
> statement is up to date.  I have seen messages from people using the
> CN400.

That statement is refering to the Unichrome X driver, NOT XvMC
specifically, the next paragraph refers to Unichrome XvMC, and only
explicitly mentions CLE266.

I have a KM400, which is a great board for the price, but it does not
have MPEG2 hardware accel (XvMC). It does have working Xv, though it
is still a relatively new driver and may not work out-of-the-box in
some distributions.

Dave