[mythtv-users] Delete upcoming schedules

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 3 03:58:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 09:51:15PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> >Maybe I missed something.  Can someone tell me how I can delete
> >upcoming recordings?
> If you want to stop specific episodes, add an override for that show
> from the Upcoming Recordings screen and set it to Never Record or Don't
> Record

To expand on that answer:

If you select "don't record" then an override is created that prevents
only that particular showing from being recorded.  If the episode is
shown on a different channel or at another time then it will still be
recorded.  The only good reason I can think of for using "don't record"
is to make room in the schedule for system maintenance.  If you change
your mind then you have to find that specific episode in the guide and
change it to "schedule normally".  This can be done via MythWeb or the
MythTV frontend GUI, but only if that specific episode is still
available in the current listings.

If you select "never record" then instead of creating an override Myth
creates a false "previously recorded" record.  To cancel a "never
record" you can either use MythWeb to "Forget Old" in the current
(duplicates) listings, or you can use the MythTV GUI to navigate to
"Manage Recordings" / "Previously Recorded", find the episode and
delete it.