[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

Ian Ward support at cyberpro.com.au
Wed Aug 3 08:48:26 UTC 2005

David Collett wrote:

>I have attached by tv_grab_au with fixes for this new problem. It
>seems to be just a few urls have changed very slightly. Since my
>version might be different everyone elses anyway (there were quite a
>few iterations floating around) here is a diff which shows the
>necessary changes:

Thanks David for attaching your version of the ninemsn grabber.
The script has been designed to be interchangeable with the d1.com.au
grabber ( it outputs the same XMLTV channel ID's )
It looks the goods to me because it allows me to switch between
d1.com.au and ninemsn without modifying any myth XMLTV channel ID's.  I
ran it and took a look at the output, the information definately looks
more comprehensive than the d1.com.au info.

David, perhaps next time you change it you could give yourself a wrap in
the changelog.  It will help us all keep track of the different verisons
of the thing.

I was previously looking to change to the ninemsn grabber available from
here: http://immir.com/tv_grab_au
The current incarnation though looks like it suffers the same URL glitch
( closeup needs to change to cu ),

SNIP>
# --- various NMSN site URLs
my $NMSN       = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au";
my $GUIDE      = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide";
my $DETAILS    = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/closeup/default.asp";
my $TVTODAY    = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/todaytv/default.asp";
<SNIP

Thanks again,
I'll give it a try in the "play" mythtv I have installed on a partition
on my PC
(The family get's upset when I break the "production" system)
Ian