[mythtv-users] Finally got tv out to work properly

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 3 11:51:35 UTC 2005

When the wife's away, the geek can play....

A while back I replaced the video card in my frontend.  It used to be a TNT2,
but I replaced it with an MX440.  I was hoping to be able to get rid of my
scan converter and use the TV out on the card.

However, whenever I tried to use the TV out, X (xfree86 4.3.0 debian packages)
would crash on startup with a signal 11.

Well last night I finally had a chance to sit down and troubleshoot the thing.
It turns out that glx was causing the problem.  If I comment out the glx
module, then TV out will work nicely.

Anyone know why glx and tvout won't play nice?

Mark