[mythtv-users] Tuning Issues

Martin Ravell martin.ravell at fmsglobal.com
Wed Aug 3 13:52:53 UTC 2005

I have tv-out working nicely on my PVR-350. (FC3, Jarod's Guide, P4, Intel
board etc). My problem is that I don't seem to be able to get the tuner to
work.

I can create a test_capture.mpg using the command from the guide:

cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg

When I look at the file however I just get snow. Same thing with running
mplayer on the device. I can run ptune-ui and choose appropriate values (I'm
in Sydney Australia using PAL) but it does not seem to make any difference.

Any ideas on how I can track this one down? What files should I concentrate
on and/or info should I post to help narrow down the issue?

Regards

Marty