[mythtv-users] transferring modelines between cards, HDTV etc

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Aug 3 14:42:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my Myth PC for 1080i out (50Hz for Australia rather
than 60Hz though.). Currently I've got 720p running pretty well,
although there is some vertical overscan that I can't solve. I'm using
RGBHV into the TV, a Sony KVHR32M31.

The Myth PC has a Geforce4 MX440-8X card.

I just used Powerstrip on my Windows PC to make some adjustments to the
geometry for my current 720p mode. It seemed a bit better. The Windows
PC has a GeforceFX 5200 card.

However when I fed the adjusted numbers back to the Myth PC, it didn't
come out the same; it was different in both the horizontal and vertical
axis.

Should modelines act completely the same between cards, or is some
variation to be expected?

Also, I couldn't find any 1080i mode out on Powerstrip that looked
decent. My drivers may well be out of date, so I'll try that next.
I couldn't find a good 576p mode either, though I think the 576p mode I
have works ok on the GF4 card.

Would it be much easier to get a GF6200/6600/whatever and use component
output instead?

thanks
Hamish