[mythtv-users] Add a ton of new features to MythTV

johan kdks johan.verien at lycos.com
Thu Aug 4 09:08:50 UTC 2005

A couple days ago I stumbled across another open source project, plutohome.com, which also incorporates MythTV.  It seems like it adds a ton of features to Myth.  For example, you can control Myth with your bluetooth mobile phone, pda's and web pads.  And it has home automation too so when you turn on Myth it will also turn on the tv, dim the lights, etc.  What got me most intrigued was that when you put in a DVD or CD it recognizes it perfectly each time and shows all the cover art and attributes, like actors.  MythDVD should definately have this too.  Since it's also open source maybe there's a way to merge some features?