[mythtv-users] USB IrDa Dongles vs. LIRC

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:40:30 UTC 2005

I suspect the issue has little to do with usb vs lirc and more to do
with IrDA vs Consumer IR. There is difference between IrDA and the IR
used to control AV equipment.

FWIW: I use a USB IR Reciever (the one that came with my DVICO DVB
card). It DOES work with LIRC (though I had to patch lirc to add the
DVICO driver) but it is NOT an IrDA dongle.

Did any of that make sense?
Dave