[mythtv-users] add skybox to my MythTV system

Oliver Martini guzzi23 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:33:13 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm a happy user of the mythtv with the following setup since around a year:
- Fedora Core 3 with MythTV 0.18.1
- Pentium 4 (2.4GHz)
- 1GB RAM
- 160GB HD
- PVR-350 for recording cable TV
- Geforce FX5200 for s-video output to TV

I just added an PVR-150MCE to my system because I want to attach the
SkyBox to MythTV.
I was able to get a picture of the SkyBox Input on my TV but not thru MythTV.
How do I have to define the channels when the Input is comming from
the composite plug of my PVR-150?

What I did was defining the the capture card (video0), I also defined
a video source (sat_uk) and assigned the video source sat_uk to the
capture card video0/composite0
I then tried to add a channel to the channel-editor with choosing
sat_uk as the video source  but I was not able to "tune" to this
channel. (Of course the SkyBox was running, since I got the picture
and sound when I ran mplayer and added the /dev/video0 as source.)

Thanks for you help,

Oliver