[mythtv-users] Unrelenting Volume Issue

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Thu Aug 4 16:56:43 UTC 2005

I have been running MythTV for eight months and have a volume issue that I
have not been able to resolve.

The volume out from MythTV is considerably louder then any other device I
have.  Setting the amp volume to 1 for Myth is about the same as 7 or 8
for my DVD player.  This means that nudging the volume up as tad can move
the sound from inaudible to booming.  I can bring the sound level in line
with the other components using PCM, but this results in a very loud hiss
at anything approaching a standard volume.

any thoughts?