[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB card on FC4

Juuso H juuso at playful.com
Fri Aug 5 11:48:35 UTC 2005

Hi

I can't get it working. :(

What EXACTLY do I need to have in my modprobe.conf to load everything necessary? It's so frustrating to fish bits and pieces around the Internet.

I can load cx88-dvb manually and it will show up in lsmod. And the card seems to be recognized OK with lspci. But still it does not work.
--
00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
00:0a.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

Additionally mythtvsetup says "permission denied" for /dev/video0 for a normal user, but for root it is recognized (still can't tune). tvtime only shows a blank screen.

Kernel: 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
The Nova-T is the newer model with 90002 cx88.

Please please help! Thanks in advance!