[mythtv-users] CD Copy protection?

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Fri Aug 5 15:34:27 UTC 2005

At 10:19 AM 8/5/2005, you wrote:
>James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > if it can be read, it can be cracked.
> >

>There are two issues:  1) technical, 2) philosophical (the priciple of the
>idea).

i don't see a philosophical issue if you own the CD and are ripping it for
personal use. If they infringe on your personal use, that's a problem.

And I find the technical description of only allowing it to be ripped a
fixed number of times silly. If it's a read only media, how  can they
enforce that. Just go to another untainted machine (I'm assuming the rip
count is a cookie somewhere)