[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB card on FC4

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sat Aug 6 12:03:20 UTC 2005

This sounds like you found a channel but that channel is not providing PSIP
data. As a result MythTV does not know the PID's to use.

Use tzap to set the card to the a known channel, make sure it says
FE_HAS_LOCK. Then run dvbscan -cvvv
If you see output with "WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb" somewhere in it
PSIP is not being sent. Myth is not setup to pull the PID/PMT info directly
and relies on the PSIP data to tell it which channel is on which PID.

Taylor Jacob was working on getting the scan to fallback to pulling the raw
PID/PMT if the PSIP data was not available. I have not heard about the
status of this in a few months.