[mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

Michael.S.G. MythTV at BDen.org
Sat Aug 6 19:52:03 UTC 2005

James,
    Im running a PVR350 like you. And had EXACTLY the same problem.
    I use Pal-Australia.

My Guess:
The issue seems to be with Myth setting (or not setting) the source
correctly.
    What I think happens is the pvr350 can't lock onto a video signal.
Then MythTV throws you out.

Fix for me:
I noticed, When you do the "Manual test" of the PVRx50 from Jarod's site
(Bow down to our great overlord!)
That a ".ivtvrc" files gets written to the home directory. Run the
PTuner under the MythTV user to create ".ivtvrc" file.
Edit it, And make sure the defaults are set right.

How does it fix it/work:
?...Something in Myth looks for the .ivtvrc file for settings. (Not sure
if this is true or not)

    ATB
       Michael.