[mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

tommy myth-user at tommywatson.com
Sat Aug 6 19:57:07 UTC 2005

James Colannino wrote:

> I wish that was my problem :(  I've tried disabling the backend
> starting at boot and manually starting it after the system loaded all
> the drivers and it still doesn't work.  I wanted to try the solution
> that tommy posted, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to
> manually edit the mysql setting (I'm not very familiar with mysql.)

I don't think the link I posted has anything to do with it, I just
quickly looked at your frontend log:

2005-08-06 11:53:18.043 prebuffering pause
2005-08-06 11:53:37.092 ReadStringList timeout (quick).

which matched mine, but your backend logs show something a lot more 'serious', possibly sql access issues?