[mythtv-users] PVR 350, closed captioning, commercial detection

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 14:49:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 09:37, Jim Reith wrote:
> At 09:19 AM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> >You are correct, and that does work just fine on my PVR-350 system.  I
> >actually rarely watch live tv anymore.  I watch recorded shows almost
> >100% of the time on the myth box, primarily to take advantage of the
> >commercial flagging process.  This does mean watching stuff time shifted
> >by about an hour and 12 minutes or so if I want to watch them the same
> >night they are broadcast.
>
> yeah, we've  done that as well. The biggest issue we now have is that with
> multiple tuners, we no longer have to choose which show to watch so we're
> getting even further behind and if you consider the star treks and 7 days
> shown during the day we always missed and things like MI-5 shown at 4am...
> well, the disk is full and I'm unable to write things out to DVD

:)

I have noticed that after about 6 months the rate of shows being
recorded has tapered off some since there are many more duplicates now.
The database does a good job of just recording things that have not been
seen before.  Of course I did setup a 1TB /video file system for the
recordings which helps buffer things.  :)