[mythtv-users] PVR 350, closed captioning, commercial detection

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 17:44:12 UTC 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 11:29 pm, Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It took me literally a week of my off time, but I've finally got
> most of the components of mythtv running to my satisfaction:
> Home made IR Blaster, PVR 350, 250G disk array over NFS, updated
> knoppmyth ivtv drivers to 0.3.7b so I can watch DVDs on the 350's
> TV out, etc...
>
> LiveTV and playback are working great, but commercial detection
> and closed captioning don't work at all.

For some reason, myth doesn't look for mythcommflag in /usr/local/bin.  I've
created a link /usr/bin/mythcommflag that points
to /usr/local/bin/mythcommflag.  That fixed commercial flagging for me.  Look
through your mythbackend logs and search for mythcommflag.  That would help
us identify the problem.

IvanK.