[mythtv-users] Media Center extender?

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Mon Aug 8 19:37:01 UTC 2005

Hey y'all..

Just a quick question about portability..

Anybody played with the Linksys Media Center Extender?

It's a wi-fi box, sporting digital and analog audio,
component/svideo/composite outputs, and would probably make a good
frontend for the $300 they're asking, but my question is whether or not
anyone has any experience with the device, or if anyone's found a way to
port mythfrontend to this thing ala the Hauppauge MediaMVP (which sucks).

So my specific question: Is it locked in to one specific app?  Or does
it boot via tftp similar to the MVP?

-=A