[mythtv-users] burn-in. Should I be worried? - Dev Idea?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Mon Aug 8 22:10:45 UTC 2005

Andrew Palm wrote:
> 1. If the tivo is paused for x amount of time it blanks the screen.
> 2. If left in a menu for x amount of time it returns to livetv.
> 3. for MythMusic and other static stuff, maybe have it so either the
> visualization goes full screen after x amount of time or the screen
> blanks after x amount of time.

i like how a lot of set-top box DVD players have the logo of the
manufacturor "bounce" around the screen for the screensaver... could
very easily do something like this with the MythTV logo (or a logo set
from the theme itself would prob be best) ...

i haven't done much with this, as my FE is setup to blank the screen
after X amount of time (whatever the defaults are for X.org in gentoo)
and i'm pretty religious about turning off my 27" CRT (i could care less
about the stupid TV, it sucks, but i DO care about my electric bill!!) ...

obviously, the above could easily be done with an actual X screensaver,
but i have seen tons of posts with people having problems with remote
button presses != keyboard activity, so it may be better to do something
really simple within myth ...

-g-