[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au / Foxtel

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Tue Aug 9 01:16:57 UTC 2005

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jay Nawaz
> Sent: Tuesday, 9 August 2005 9:55 AM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_au / Foxtel
>
> I had dreadful dramas trying to capture IR data from foxtel remote...the
> remote sends out multiple commands to work with different set-top boxes
> and it was too much for my cumbersome lirc skills.  luckily someone
> posted the pace Satellite STB lirc.conf file and i was able to use
> that...got no idea where i got it from but if that's the STB you've got,
> i'll send it through.

Ahh, so it could be that all Foxtel STB's use the one type of remote?

The STB I have is a Pace STB-120 (IIRC).

Would you mind sending me the config you mentioned (and an explanation of
what it took to get this working on your machine)?

This is unrelated but I'm currently having all sorts of problems with lircd.
Don't know what I have done to upset it. I had it working nicely with my
Hauppage remote a while ago but now it seems to die with 'lircd dead but
subsys locked' anytime I try to run anything that uses it (irw, mythfrontend
etc).

Talk about frustrating.

Regards
Marty