AW: [mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Tue Aug 9 09:52:50 UTC 2005

> > I managed to get the button to show but when I run it it complains
> > during the framegrabbing that it can't get frame 6. I've seen
> > reference to that but no solutions
>
> As far as I can tell, the cause of that error is having
> commercial cutting
> enabled.  I can't burn DVD's with the cutlist enabled, but
> DVDs work just
> fine if I disable the cutlist stuff.  It produces really slick looking
> DVDs too.  I just wish I could get the cutlist stuff to work.

Yep, that problem happens when mythburn tries to cut commericals from
the mpeg2 files. To do so, it needs to find the number of the last
frame, which it gets from the recordedmarkup table.

Problem is the type of marks in the recordedmarkup table; PVRx50
recordungs have type 6 marks (gop counters?) while DVB records type 9
markers (frame numbers).

Support for comericial cutting in mythburn is flakey at best [I should
know - the commerical cutting hack for mythburn was mine]; there just
isn't any tool that can do frame accurate mpeg2 cuts without reencoding.

Bye, Martin