[mythtv-users] dish network + mythtv (Press SELECT to continue)

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Aug 9 14:48:23 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a Dish receiver I am controlling via an IR Blaster.
Every night at 3am, the dish receiver downloads updates,
firmware (I assume), etc... and apparently resets itself.

In the morning, it says "Press SELECT to continue", in
a bouncing screen saver sort of thing. The only way to
continue is to press SELECT, so it blocks scheduled
recordings unless I manually press SELECT on the
remote each morning.

For those of you with Dish, is there any way to disable
this behavior? Or do I pretty much just need to write
a quick cronjob that sends SELECT via my IR Blaster
every night at 4am? How does everyone else handle
this?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani