[mythtv-users] ivtv driver update

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Wed Aug 10 05:02:56 UTC 2005

So, in my usual foolish way of not letting good enough alone I am
considering going down the route of upgrading my ivtv drivers (0.3.7b
possibly). Mainly this is so I can try to get XMame up and running on my
FC3, 350 rig. My current setup is straight from Jarod's guide. So my
question to the list is this. Is there a good how-to on the procedure for
taking a stock 'Jarod's Guide' machine to new ivtv drivers?

I'm looking at the ivtv site and although there are some instructions on
compiling up drivers from source I was wondering if there is perhaps a
simpler way?

Is there anyway to get the new driver through apt-get and ATRPMs or do I
need to bite the bullet and work things out from source?

Regards

Marty