[mythtv-users] is this possible (multiple tuners and sources)

Dylan Keon dbkeon.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:15:49 UTC 2005

I have a working MythTV system (FC3, ATRPMS) with two PVR-250s.  I added
a PVR-150 tonight, upgraded to the latest kernel and ivtv 0.3.6w, and I
can get video via the PVR-150 (no sound, though).  My goal is to have
the two PVR-250s record analog cable (already working), and the PVR-150
record OTA broadcast signals via my rooftop antenna since the reception
of local channels stinks on our analog cable.

I set up a new video source called "antenna" and configured a new "local
broadcast" channel listing for my area at zap2it.  However, it's not
clear to me how this will get handled in the EPG.  For example, channel
7 on analog cable is Discovery, while channel 7 on broadcast is PBS.
After running mythfilldatabase these both appear in the EPG, but where
channels are the same (i.e., channel 9 is the same station on both cable
and OTA), there is only one entry in the EPG.

I want local channels to be recorded on the PVR-150 by default, using
the local broadcast channel listing unless there is a conflict, in which
case they would get recorded on one of the PVR-250s.  Cable-only
channels would always get recorded on the PVR-250s.  Is all of this (or
any of this) possible?  I could just delete the duplicate broadcast
channels from the cable lineup, but then that would eliminate the
possibility of using the cable as a backup to resolve conflicts.

Thanks,
Dylan