[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 14:32:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:27:05PM +1000, Marty Ravell wrote:
> I'm thinking of putting some icons together for Australian TV
> channels as the tv_grab_au script doesn't seem to load this stuff.
>
> I will of course post the results to the list but I'd like to know
> what the optimal size would be (I'm going to grab them from their
> respective websites and reformat as necessary).
>
> I'm assuming that .png is the format of choice. Is there anything
> else I should bear in mind when collecting these images?
>
> At this stage I'm going to do those channels that I get Foxtel and
> FTA in Sydney. I don't mind keeping a repository of these if there
> is interest.

I used mythfilldatabase to get my icons (USA, DataDirect), they are
all .jpgs:

	[rtsai at myth:/home/myth/.mythtv/channels]
	(10:30am) jpeginfo -i -v *
	abc_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Progressive Huffman,72dpi    1052
	cbs_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Progressive Huffman,72dpi    1045
	fox_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Progressive Huffman,72dpi     964
	nbc_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Progressive Huffman,72dpi     905
	pbs_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Progressive Huffman,72dpi    1050
	upn_30.jpg   30 x 30   24bit JFIF  Normal Huffman     860

The last number in each row is the filesize.

They all show up fine and legibly in my system (OSD, EPG, etc.).

--Rob