[mythtv-users] How to compile commercial_cut

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:22:25 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/05, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe commercial_cut isn't the best tool to accomplish
> > the ultimate goal, but I have no experience, -none-,
> > trying to edit recorded programs, and commercial_cut
> > looks like it might work.
> >
> > Thanks for any help, suggestions, or advice.
>
> Try avidemux.

Well, after a period of stubborness, I finally DID try avidemux.
And that worked, really well.

Commercial_cut worked too, but when I tried to use it on the
program with the musical clip I wanted, it turned out a 38-byte
file.  Of course, 38 bytes is just a tad short of enough to hold
a five-minute video clip.

Thanks for your two-word message of advice.  It turned out to be
THE answer.

--
MM