[mythtv-users] background image for crash

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net
Thu Aug 11 18:15:27 UTC 2005

I've had problems with Myth crashing.  I have /etc/inittab set to keep X
running, and my .xinitrc execs mythfrontend as the last command, but it
seems to crash in such a way that it doesn't exit and kill X, leaving me
to have to hit ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X, which then restarts
everything.

While I haven't figured out why it crashes (usually when exiting from
playing something, possibly xvmc-related), I've created a background
image that provides instructions (attached).  Now I just use 'xsetroot
-bitmap mythback-720p' in my startup script, and at least it's a little
more obvious what's going on, in case I'm not around to fix it.

--PC