[mythtv-users] Archiving HDTV (ATSC) to DVD

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Aug 12 00:23:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've recently recorded a number of broadcasts from my pcHDTV 3000 that
I would like to archive to DVD-R in a format that can be played in DVD
players.

Obviously it will not be as simple as a little bit of a transformation
that I can take from my PVR-250.

There are various different formats that these broadcasts can use, and
the DVD may need information to convey the aspect ratio of the source.

Are there any programs or recipes up to this task?

The next thing I'd like to see is the ability to simulate the
different zoom/stretch options available on TVs.  Sometimes,
broadcasters actually encode black bars on the sides of the picture,
and I'd rather not have those encoded on the DVD.

Ideas?

Thanks,

-- John