[mythtv-users] HDTV Video Modes with MythTV

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:28:09 UTC 2005

Yeah you are right.  I caught that after I sent it.  I meant to say 1,
3, 5 etc all the way to 1079 then 2, 4, 6 , etc to 1080.  That is your
interlaced frame.  540p is 1 field of 540 lines then another UPDATED
field of 540 lines.  This makes the picture look smoother.  In 1080i
you have a total of 1080 lines but they are made up of 2 fields of 540
lines.  So in actuallity, the 540p might look better because it is
smoother.  If you want the ultimate go with 1080p.  I think only CRT
projectors can handle it.