[mythtv-users] Recording problems

Steve Wesemeyer swesemeyer at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 12 19:18:01 UTC 2005

Hiya,

I have almost  finished setting up my MythTV box and am amazed at what I can
do with it already. The last remaining problem is that mythbackend keeps
insisting on setting the TV norm to PAL-BG when recording a scheduled
recording.
Since I live in a PAL-I area, all I get is a great picture but with static as
audio.
I set the TV norm during start-up and have a little cron-script that checks
the TV norm regularly and resets it if necessary. However, when the script
resets the TV norm during a recording, I get the sound back but the picture
is now only a quarter of the screen with the rest being made up of the
picture present at the time when the switch occurred which is not really
useful...

I have searched Google and the mailing lists for a possible solution but
haven't found anything.

Does anyone have any suggestion bar hacking the source to force MythBackend to
set the tuner to use PAL-I?

I'm using Kanotix 2005-03 (kernel 2.6.11.11), mythtv 0.18.1 and a Hauppauge
Primio WinTV PCI FM (with a cx8800 chipset).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
 Steve