[mythtv-users] what's the latest on pvr-500 firmware with ivtv 0.3.7b

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Aug 12 19:19:02 UTC 2005

Marius Schrecker wrote:

>>Anyways Marius, The PVR-500 works fine for me with 0.3.7c. b wa
>>ok but
>>the problem they had there was the 150 tuners were set to have very low
>>

>>volume. 0.3.7c has fixed that.... In fact, I have better reception and
>>

>>picture with the 150's of my 500 than my tuner type 47 PVR350. I am
>>trying to decide if I sho
>>ld dump the 350 for another 500 right now.
>>

>:-) sounds great! I'm a little worried about one of the channels here which
>is just about ok with mastheat amping and "boosting" at the tv (lcd job
>which I think does massage the image digitally a bit to get rid of snow).
>It will be interesting to see what the 150's make of it and whether Mplayer/Myth
>will clean it up adequately.
>
>I was tying to be lazy and use the 0.3.7b's which are pre-packaged as debs
>on Ian Campbels repository. Aah  well, it liooks like patching and installing
>from tarball after-all (or waiting another couple of days ;-)
>
>I looked at the archives from Cecils link (can't stand the thought of ANOTHER
>100 mails a day from yet another list, but couldn't find any completely
>up-to-date info, so went for the files from the CD, if they don't work they'll
>be easy enough to replace.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Cheers
>Marius
>Registered Linux user

I just got my hardware yesterday, and decided to try knoppmyth for my
first try at a MythTV system.  It seems that knoppmyth uses ivtv-0.2.0-rc3i
http://mysettopbox.tv/CHANGELOG.txt

Am I going to wish I hadn't even tried KnoppMyth with a PVR-500?

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.