[SPAM] Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Configuring MythTV on Gentoo

Andy Pflueger andypflueger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:07:05 UTC 2005

On 8/12/05, Andy Pflueger <andypflueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/12/05, Tom E. Craddock Jr. <sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:
> > Andy Pflueger wrote:
> >
> > >Here's what I'm doing...
> > >
> > >I run "mysql -p < /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql" which just
> > >creates the database and sets a couple GRANTs. Then, I move on to the
> > >next step which is running mythtv-setup but that doesn't populate my
> > >database. I've checked the mc.sql from the tarball versus that from
> > >the Gentoo ebuild and they're completely identical scripts. I am doing
> > >all this as superuser, of course, so I don't feel it could be a
> > >permission issue.
> > >
> > >Any thoughts?
> > >
> > >TIA,
> > >Andy

Hmm...I guess I spoke too soon.

I just ran mythfilldatabase and am getting this as a result:

mytoy ~ # mythfilldatabase
2005-08-12 16:06:07.973 New DB connection, total: 1
DB Error (loading channel sources):
Query was:
SELECT sourceid,name,xmltvgrabber,userid,password,lineupid FROM
videosource ORDER BY sourceid;
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.videosource' doesn't exist

I realize that the mythconverg.videosource doesn't exist but for some
odd reason mythtv-setup doesn't create the tables. :(