[mythtv-users] Sound problems with digital tv

David Maher dm at netsol.com.au
Fri Aug 12 23:49:14 UTC 2005

I promise this will be my last problem for a while, people must be
getting sick of me.
So here goes...

FC4 is my OS

When I change to particular digital channels on my dvb cards, the sound
turns into a buzz. In particular the channels are ABC VIC (channel 2
here) and ABC HDTV (channel 20) I have 2 x twinhan dvb cards, which
other than this are working perfectly.

It doesn't matter which of the tuners I use the symptom is the same, It
also doesn't matter if I am on a remote front end, or on the backend
itself, so I am guessing the problem is on the backend.
I wonder if it has something to do with the type of audio that is on
these channels, I have tried pressing the + key to see if there are any
other streams, but there are not (at least on the problem channels).

I have the KDE sound system disabled, my alsa version is 1.0.9rf

Help me out with this one and I'll go away and do a bit more learnin on
me own :)

Thanks

David Maher