[mythtv-users] Language on ripped dvd

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Sat Aug 13 06:33:36 UTC 2005

Allan Wilson wrote:
> I am reading the vobs that myth creates when it transcodes the movies. I
> read a couple of other places that when you are using perfect it gets
> all languages and you specify which one. If I have to specify when I rip
> where would I specify this? Thanks for helping
>
> Allan

Try using xine to play them back and see if you get English. For some
reason, on some of my rips from my dvd's using mplayer I would get the
wrong language but in xine it plays it correctly. Odder still, some of
my dvd's that I ripped used to work in mplayer playing English then all
of a sudden started speaking in Spanish or French, or instead of it
being the movie it somehow became the directors cut. But now when I play
them back using xine they play the movie and not the directors cut,
weird things. :)

Jon