[mythtv-users] compilation artist question

Stephen Cole scole5 at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 20:44:07 UTC 2005

I'm trying to understand compilation artists and either I'm missing the
point or it just doesn't work the way I'd like.  When playing a song
that has a compilation artist I don't see the actual artist on the
display.  It shows the song title, album and compilation artist, but to
see the real artist I have to do "info".  I like using compilation
artist to keep the tree smaller when browsing for music, but I'd like to
see the real artist when the song is playing.  Am I missing something?
Is this by design? Is there a way around it?
thanks.