[mythtv-users] auto-transcode to xvid: Is it possible?

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Sat Aug 13 21:26:23 UTC 2005

maillist at citadelsystems.net wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I was wondering if it was possible to setup auto-transcode to xvid
>rather than divx.
>
>Thanks,
>CM

Since when are any of mythtvs recordings auto-transcoded to Divx? And to
get them to xvid, youll need to use nuvexport, which can be set up as a
user job ( I think, not sure as I havent done it, but I think I saw some
talk about it on the lists in the past), and user jobs can be set to run
after a recording, so I belive that technically, yes they can be
converted to Xvid, just not using the internal myth transcoder.

Tom