[mythtv-users] Firewire and what channels you can get.

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 01:11:54 UTC 2005

On 13/08/05, Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:

>  So I ask. What channels can those of you who use firewire get? All
> channels? HD or Digital only?

It completely depends on your local cable company. For me, receiving Comcast
outside of Philly over a Motorola 6200 box, all the analog channels (< 100)
and all the digital channels (100 - 199) come in fine. Also, all the HD
broadcast channels, that is, the OTA HD network channels that the cable
company has to carry, come in fine. What does not come in is Discovery HD,
ESPN HD, InHD, and InHD2 - they seem to be scrambled or otherwise
unrecognizable streams. I don't know about the premium channels, since I
don't subscribe to any of them, but I would guess not.
 However, I've read that people in other locations can receive these
non-premium channels no problem.

-Jerry