[mythtv-users] Language on ripped dvd

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:54:08 UTC 2005

On 8/14/05, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the xine option and I am still getting french and director's
> commentary. Any other ideas from anyone?
>
> On 8/13/05, Claude Boucher < mythtv.user at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > From Jarod's Tips & Tricks page ( http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php):
> >
> > xine -pfhq --no-splash dvd://
> >
> > Claude
> >
> > Allan Wilson a écrit :
> >
> > > What are you using for the xine command in the myth play movie option.
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Allan

Once it has been ripped, there's nothing you can do about it. Whatever
language it transcodes into the avi file is what language you are stuck
with. What you could do is re-rip the sound and dump the video to a file and
recombine them. The easier solution is to rerip the DVD, being careful to
select the correct audio track (en ac3 6ch most likely).

If it fails again, you could do it manually with mencoder from the command
line or use dvdrip. Learning the command line tools gives you a few more
options with fine tuning than the built in ripper does.

For a basic set of commands that ought to work in many cases, try:

http://f0rked.com/core/simplerip

Be sure to add the -aid 128 in the extra options box if you are having
trouble with the wrong language manually as well.

--Ryan