[mythtv-users] what's the latest on pvr-500 firmware with ivtv 0.3.7b

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Tue Aug 16 16:41:18 UTC 2005

Andrew Close wrote:

>On 8/12/05, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
><snip/>
>

>> I just got my hardware yesterday, and decided to try knoppmyth for my first
>>try at a MythTV system.  It seems that knoppmyth uses ivtv-0.2.0-rc3i
>> http://mysettopbox.tv/CHANGELOG.txt
>>
>> Am I going to wish I hadn't even tried KnoppMyth with a PVR-500?
>>

>Richard,
>
>KnoppMyth is supposed to be a stable distro, so i believe Cecil only
>includes the stable drivers with it.  i'm not sure what the stable
>version of IVTV is but i don't think it supports the PVR-500 or 150
>yet.  the IVTV beta drivers do though.  and they aren't that difficult
>to get working with KnoppMyth.  i'm currently running KnoppMyth with a
>PVR-500.  i installed my 500 about a month ago and just grabbed the
>most recent beta release of IVTV at the time.

Pardon the newbie question here, but I just got humbled by my KnoppMyth
install.  Before I go messing with something as important as IVTV, I
want to know what I'm going.  What's the best why to upgrade IVTV?
First step here ( http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=223
)sound like what you did?

>it works great.
>i don't remember the exact steps that i used to install the latest
>drivers, but they are listed in a thread in the KnoppMyth forum.
>you'll have to do a bit of searching to find it, i don't know the
>exact link.

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.