[mythtv-users] Re: Record this timeslot every week - dumb question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Aug 17 02:31:01 UTC 2005

Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> David Bennett wrote:
>
>> I would like to record a program that airs weekly. However, in the
>> guidelisting (xml) the name of the program changes to each week to
>> reflect the topic for that show. I am looking for a Record this
>> timeslot every week, but seem to be limited to "Record this program in
>> this timeslot every week" which leaves me with no choice but to do a
>> manual recording every week.

You didn't specify or give an example but if it is something like
"X-treme Fly Fishing: Bass", "X-treme Fly Fishing: Trout", etc.,
You could go to Search Words->Title and Enter "X-treme Fly Fishing"
then click the "Record" button on the popup. This would create a
"(Title Search)" rule that matches anything with the key phrase in
the title. This way, you wouldn't need to lock it into a timeslot
so the scheduler could chose a replay or find an episode if it was
in a special time slot or if the station changes the regularly
scheduled time.

> I had the same problem with the "HD to the MAX" series on CBS, which
> airs on Sundays at 0:05 (at least here...) but the title always changes.
>
> I had to resort to custom recording rule using something like this:
>
> program.chanid = 2006 AND program.hdtv > 0 AND
> dayofweek(program.starttime) = 1 AND hour(program.starttime) = 0
>
> Haven't missed one since :-)

I did the same thing for a hosted movie series "Midnight Snack" Fridays
at midnight The Sundance Channel.

Rule Name: "Midnight Snack"

channel.callsign = "SUNDAEP"
AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = "Saturday"
AND HOUR(program.starttime) = 0

The nice thing about this was that the listings had the movie title,
description, year, actors, etc. rather than just saying "Midnight
Snack". The length may have varied from 75min to over 2 1/2 hours.
The recordings were the right length and had the movies' information.

Had I used a manual record, the recordings would have just said
"Midnight Snack (Manual Record)". Had I set it to 120 minutes it
would have usually had extra stuff at the end or possibly might
not have been long enough.

--  bjm