[mythtv-users] Re: Record this timeslot every week - dumb question

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:04:13 UTC 2005

Thank you everyone for the ideas. A few problems though:

(1)

>You didn't specify or give an example but if it is something like
> "X-treme Fly Fishing: Bass", "X-treme Fly Fishing: Trout", etc.,
> You could go to Search Words->Title and Enter "X-treme Fly Fishing"
> then click the "Record" button on the popup. This would create a
> "(Title Search)" rule that matches anything with the key phrase in
> the title. This way, you wouldn't need to lock it into a timeslot
> so the scheduler could chose a replay or find an episode if it was
> in a special time slot or if the station changes the regularly
> scheduled time.

Tried doing this. Went to "search" from the web interface. I put in a
partial string and it came up. I clicked on it and told it to record
every time on this channel. It did not use the info from the search
string, but rather the title that I clicked on to bring up the
recording menu. Does this make sense? Is what you recommended
something I have to do from the Frontend or Backend? (ie. not the web
interface.)

(2)
> I did the same thing for a hosted movie series "Midnight Snack" Fridays
> at midnight The Sundance Channel.
>
> Rule Name: "Midnight Snack"
>
> channel.callsign = "SUNDAEP"
> AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = "Saturday"
> AND HOUR(program.starttime) = 0

Sounds like a great idea, but i haven't the foggiest idea where to (or
how to!) for that matter input this kind of manual recording profile.
Looked around a bit and did not find a menu option. I am trying to
record a show that comes on every wednesday at 10pm and a specific
channel, but always has a different title.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help (again!) in advance,
Sincerely,
David