[mythtv-users] Recording radio channels on DVB

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Wed Aug 17 07:52:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:16:24 +0100, George Styles wrote:
> A few people mentioned that you can record radio channels on a DVB card
> (in my case DVB-T UK). Using myth from svn 15 aug 05.
>
> It does work, if you can get the channels added to channels, record is TS
> format, and set it to not check for something (in settings of advanced
> DVB, below the TS format).
>
> The method I used to get the radio channels in was to hack siscan.cpp
> where it says 'ignoreAudioOnlyServices' in if statements, I changed it to
> read false.

There is a patch floating around, radiorecord-v2 which adds all of the
stuff needed to record DVB radio on myth, including EPG. It's in the
archives, but I can't find it, so I'm reattaching it here. I didn't
write any of this patch.

I've been running this patch against 18.1 (think I had to tweak it a
little) and it works very well. I'm currently implementing live radio
and playback of recorded shows (mostly working now) in the hope we can
get this in mainline.

Cheers,

Martin.