[mythtv-users] Upgrade to Newest MythTV

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:19:48 UTC 2005

> I am also happy to see MythTV runs successfully on so many Linux
> implementations. It is a bit hard to keep up with the methods used by each
> implementation for upgrading.
> Can someone please offer a means for comparing the different ways to upgrade
> MythTV?

It probably depends on which distro you're on. With FC3 I do apt-get
update followed by apt-get upgrade to get the latest MythTV packages
which have been packaged into ATRPMs. It will vary from distro to
distro and whether you're using urpmi or yum or smart-update etc etc.

Or you could be getting the latest from CVS/SVN and compiling that if
you want to live on the egde.

Regards,
Phill