[mythtv-users] HELP Ati remote wonder on FC3

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:36:52 UTC 2005

> find / -name ati_remote.ko -print
>
> then mv any of those to ~/
>
> You'll still need the appropriate lircd.conf and .lircrc.
>
> I found it hard to get the appropriate device file created (I'm using
> devfs) without rebooting.
>
> Graham

Thank you, seems I missed one, I was being lazy and using updatedb &&
locate ati_remote, found 2 out of 3 kernel modules, just the current
kernel I was using was listed should have realized this,

after that and a reboot, I have come to another blocking point

when I start now, I have /dev/lirc0 which I assume now is meaning that
lirc has found my remote, but I have never setup lirc with a usb
reciever, for a serial reciever I know you can test it by catting the
serial port or lirc port and pressing buttons on your remote, when I
start lircd -d /dev/lirc0 --nodaemon &, then irw, I get no response,

my lircd.conf file contains the whole lircd.conf.atiusb file, which
seems to contain a code set for every version of ati remotes, do I
only need to select one from the file and erase the rest?

or is there something else I am missing my remote model is 5000023600