[mythtv-users] Tuner for WinTV-Go Card?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 01:34:35 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, Scott Minneman <sminneman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/17/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I tried every tuner on your list, using card=10.  None of them worked.
> > >  I even checked dmesg after each change, to make sure that the bttv
> > > driver re-loaded with the proper settings.  Any other ideas?
> >
> > Could you post your modprobe.conf file?
>
> nano /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> alias eth0 forcedeth
> alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> options snd-card-0 index=0
> install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/d$
> remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
> /sbin/modprobe -r --ignor$
> alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
> options snd-card-1 index=1
> install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >$
> remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
> }; /sbin/modprobe -r --igno$
> alias char-major-81 bttv
> options bttv card=10 tuner=43 pll=0
> alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
> alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
> # nvidia kernel module
> alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-7667
> alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-7667

Try the following (for both identical cards, substituting xx for the
tuner values again) to replace the bttv line you have at the moment.
Not sure if it will work though. I'd post the output of your lsmod and
lspci -v. Because it's a Hauppauge and 878 based it should all
autodetect.

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
alias char-major-81-1   bttv
options bttv            card=10,10 radio=0,0
options tuner           type=xx,xx

install bttv { modprobe -k tuner; } ; /sbin/modprobe --first-time
--ignore-install bttv